- - - - -

Ideal Chat V1.1.0 Released (Vbulletin 4)

14 replies to this topic

#1 Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

We have just released version 1.1.0 of Ideal Chat for vBulletin 4.

Version 1.1.0 includes several bug fixes, along with Chat Rooms!

For a full list of features, and changes, please visit http://community.ide...ideal-chat-pro/
Brian Yarbrough
Developer
Ideal Web Technologies

#2 hko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

Nice job!

edit: how do u create chat rooms?

Also once a user disables the bar how does he get it back?

#3 Tim

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

Admins can create chatrooms in the admincp. The bar settings can be edited from the usercp.

#4 Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

View Posthko, on 30 July 2011 - 10:36 AM, said:

Nice job!

edit: how do u create chat rooms?

Also once a user disables the bar how does he get it back?

View PostTim, on 30 July 2011 - 11:06 AM, said:

Admins can create chatrooms in the admincp. The bar settings can be edited from the usercp.

As Tim said, admins can create the chatrooms in the admincp, but only if you are running the pro version. The lite version only has support for one chat room.
Brian Yarbrough
Developer
Ideal Web Technologies

#5 hko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

I have the pro version, alright great.
I do have a request or idk if it's a bug but when I close my browser and open it back up I have ALL the users I ever chatted up after I have clicked them, it's quiet annoying.

#6 Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

View Posthko, on 30 July 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

I have the pro version, alright great.
I do have a request or idk if it's a bug but when I close my browser and open it back up I have ALL the users I ever chatted up after I have clicked them, it's quiet annoying.

Currently, when you close your browser and reopen it, it shows the last 24 hours of messages. It was the method we choose to go with for the moment until we have the the system in place to mark messages as read, after which it will only show unread ones.
Brian Yarbrough
Developer
Ideal Web Technologies

#7 RcHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

I am thinking about purchasing this product, but I have some questions first. The first thing that I don't like is you cna not click on the links that are posted in teh chat. Now, this is with the lite version, and not the pro. There are no option on this version to edit posts either. The chat is not working in the CMS part of my site, only the forum and blogs. And is there an option to just buy it, and not "rent" it?

OH, and the version doesn't support my language filter. This is a huge problem IMO.

#8 Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

View PostRcHelp, on 04 August 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

The first thing that I don't like is you cna not click on the links that are posted in teh chat.

That is only a limitation of the lite version. In the pro version you can click the links pasted.

There are no option on this version to edit posts either.

That is currently on the list to be done.

The chat is not working in the CMS part of my site, only the forum and blogs.

Could we get a link to see that in action? We have had this reported once or twice now, but have yet to see it actually happening.

And is there an option to just buy it, and not "rent" it?

When you check out in our store, you have brought it, the renewal price was only for updates; however, we have decided to remove the renewal price.

OH, and the version doesn't support my language filter. This is a huge problem IMO.

What language filter are we talking about? The bad words filter?
Brian Yarbrough
Developer
Ideal Web Technologies

#9 RcHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

I acutally uninstalled it from my forum, but may reinstall it from what you have said. When I say it's not able to be viewed in teh CMS part of the site, it's pretty much the front of my forum. If you go to http://rc-help.com that is the main CMS page. On all of those pages the chat was not showing at the bottom. But, once you clicked the forum tab, or the Blog tab, it would work. I would be willing for you to use my site as a test site if we could cut a deal on the price of the full version and updates. And speaking of updates, I like that you got rid of that. I know that it's a good idea to charge for your work that you do, but there has to be a limit.

When I say the language filter, I do mean the bad word filter. I have kids on my site, and I like to keep the really bad words off so I can keep their parents happy.

Let me know if you would like me to make you an account to test this out with. It sounds like you are heading in teh right direction with this chat. Just needs a little work.

#10 TeamJesus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:20 AM

i've seen this around for VB, looks amazing guys, yea i know the IPB version will take time... ( no pressure LOL ) but yea.. rather fantastic!! :)

#11 Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:13 PM

View PostRcHelp, on 04 August 2011 - 09:35 PM, said:

I acutally uninstalled it from my forum, but may reinstall it from what you have said. When I say it's not able to be viewed in teh CMS part of the site, it's pretty much the front of my forum. If you go to http://rc-help.com that is the main CMS page. On all of those pages the chat was not showing at the bottom. But, once you clicked the forum tab, or the Blog tab, it would work. I would be willing for you to use my site as a test site if we could cut a deal on the price of the full version and updates. And speaking of updates, I like that you got rid of that. I know that it's a good idea to charge for your work that you do, but there has to be a limit.

When I say the language filter, I do mean the bad word filter. I have kids on my site, and I like to keep the really bad words off so I can keep their parents happy.

Let me know if you would like me to make you an account to test this out with. It sounds like you are heading in teh right direction with this chat. Just needs a little work.

I would love if you could create us an account to test it with.

As for the bad words filter, we are intending to add that in, we just haven't had the time yet.

View PostTeamJesus, on 05 August 2011 - 01:20 AM, said:

i've seen this around for VB, looks amazing guys, yea i know the IPB version will take time... ( no pressure LOL ) but yea.. rather fantastic!! :)

Hopefully the IP.Board version will be out before too long. Right now we are working to make sure we iron out all of the major bugs with the vBulletin version, before we release the IPB version.
Brian Yarbrough
Developer
Ideal Web Technologies

#12 RcHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

Nevermind, I found a chat that has a lot more features, and everything I was looking for. Thanks anyway.

#13 TeamJesus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:50 PM

View PostBrian, on 05 August 2011 - 12:13 PM, said:

Hopefully the IP.Board version will be out before too long. Right now we are working to make sure we iron out all of the major bugs with the vBulletin version, before we release the IPB version.

Thanks for keeping us updated, fantastic news... :)

#14 flashbook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

View PostBrian, on 30 July 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

We have just released version 1.1.0 of Ideal Chat for vBulletin 4.

Version 1.1.0 includes several bug fixes, along with Chat Rooms!

For a full list of features, and changes, please visit http://community.ide...ideal-chat-pro/

why not work in Vbulletin 4.1.5 ??

#15 Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

View Postflashbook, on 12 August 2011 - 06:57 PM, said:

why not work in Vbulletin 4.1.5 ??

What exactly do you mean? We are currently running it on vBulletin 4.1.5 on eXtremeGameZone.com just fine.
Brian Yarbrough
Developer
Ideal Web Technologies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2010-2013 Ideal Web Technologies